Monday, February 13, 2012

Tasted A Thai Coconut Curry Chocolate Bar (44/366)


"Variety's the very spice of life, That gives it all its flavor."
~
William Cowper


Today, I was looking for a certain kind of chocolate we had picked up on our New York trip last year, and I found that it was sold in a chocolate shop not too far from the house. Score! I went to visit the shop, and it had all sorts of neat stuff from all over the place. One of the things that caught my eye was a Thai Coconut Curry Bar. Crazy! On par with a Bacon Chocolate Bar! I had to try it.

Here's the ingredients list:
Sugar, Cocoa Beans, Milk Powder, Cocoa Butter, Toasted Coconut, Yellow Curry Powder (Coriander, Turmeric, Mustard, Cumin, Fenugreek, Paprika, Red Pepper, Cardamom, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cloves), Ground Vanilla Bean.

The front of the bar was pretty nondescript, which was kind of a bummer, but the back showed all the coconut in the bar. If you look at the wrapper, you can also see the yellow curry marking it!


Here's a look at the inside of the bar:


Inhaling the aroma of the bar, you can really smell the curry powder. It smells very similar to the
curry sauce bricks that Nick and I used to love to use for quick curry dishes. In fact, the picture above really reminds me of those bricks too. The taste? The chocolate is nice and mild, not too sweet or overpowering for the curry, which does come through in a surprisingly pleasant way. The coconut adds an interesting texture, and maybe a bit of a break from the richness of the curry and the chocolate. The other nice thing about this bar is that there's a peppery heat that comes at the end. While I wouldn't eat this bar all the time (I don't really eat chocolate that often anyway), I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again as an exotic taste combination for someone who enjoys interesting flavors.

Related Links:
ChocolateCoveredSF.com
Theo Chocolate Fantasy Flavor Coconut Curry Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment