Sunday, February 26, 2012

Posted A Public Video Of Myself On The Internet (57/366)


"Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick."
~ Bruce Lee


Alright alright, let's not get excited. If you've been reading the blog, you've probably seen a video or two of me already. They're nothing special. But the main differences between those and what I'm writing about today are: 1. Those videos are edited, just parts of the longer footage. I can cut out whatever I want and put it together how I'd like to. 2. The fact that this blog has a small readership. We only have 133 "likes" on Facebook, and for the most part, we know all of the readers personally (thanks for your support! Tell your friends!).

Today was the deadline for people participating in the
CrossFit Open who weren't getting their performances validated by an affiliate to post their scores for WOD 12.1 ... and post their VIDEO SUBMISSION documenting their performance. This means I had to take video of me doing the WOD, uncut and unedited, and post it for the world to see. Over 55,000 athletes are registered for the CrossFit Open, and they're not the only ones with access to the site. Millions of people all over the world now have access to a video of me schlogging through 7 minutes of burpees.



When I
registered for the CrossFit Open, I didn't realize we'd have to validate our scores with video. I mean, sure they've had the video submissions since last year, but I always thought there was some sort of category where you may not be getting scores validated at an affiliate, but instead of having to post a video, that maybe you could submit your score basically just as "unvalidated" so you could see how you've done against all the other athletes competing. You know, just for fun. Although I thought it would be embarrassing to put my scores out there for the world to see, I hadn't bargained for having to present 5 different, lovely videos of me struggling through these Open WODs. But video of 12.1 is now up for everyone's viewing amusement. And I just need to get over it, because there are four more.

If you get a chance, visit my
athlete page, and click on the TV icon next to my score total under the Leaderboard near the bottom of the page:


to see a page like this with the video, and give my video a "thumbs up!" Thanks!


Related Links:
CrossFit.com
Games.CrossFit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment