Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Given Myself A GIANT Manicure (108/366)


"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and ... I believe in miracles."
~
Audrey Hepburn


If you know me and Nick, you know we love The San Francisco Giants. In fact, our family even got Nick a personalized brick on the Champions Walk in Willie Mays Plaza as his birthday gift last year. Oh yeah, and you might know (if you've been reading the blog) that I streaked my hair "Napalm Orange" in honor of The Giants this year on the home opener day. So yeah, we love our Giants.

Well, just yesterday Joanna sent the Tuesday Night Dinner crew a message saying that our other friend Sandra was able to get tickets to tonight's game at a special price, and were we interested. Um, yes, of course! Yay! Our first game of the season! I had to do something special for it. Okay, sure - I now have super orange streaks in my hair - that's pretty fan-like. But I just wanted to celebrate the first game we were able to attend this season. So I decided to paint my pride on … my fingernails! I don't usually wear nail polish, but like the great Audrey Hepburn said, "I believe in manicures." Especially when they're for something as miraculous as my Giants! Special thanks to Karinne at
PolishedMe.com for her adorable ideas on her nail polish blog!

I started off by painting my nails alternating orange and black, but painted my pinkies white.


Then, I painted tiny dots and arrows to decorate my pinky nails like little baseballs. So cute!


Then, I painstakingly painted the SF logo on my left index finger (I bought nail-art polishes that came with very thin brushes):


Next - so awesome - The Beard. These were so tricky because it was
supposed to be a bit scruffy, but not too much. Aack! But I thought this design was hilarious and so cute:


I wasn't sure what to put on my ring finger, but I did have a gold polish I hadn't used. I thought I'd try free handing the "G" logo - it turned out okay … Play Ball!


This was so fun! I wish I had more time - I didn't get to do much to my right hand - just had it polished alternating black and orange, with the pinky as a baseball too. But this was so scary using my dominant hand to paint - not sure how much I can do having to use my left hand instead!

Update:
Our friend Eric got tickets to the next day's game as well, so on Wednesday I decided I should really "finish" my Giant manicure properly, and I added a few more designs! Another SF logo on my right index finger (in black, as that nail was painted orange), another "G" on my right ring finger (but I actually got a little fancy with the gold and black there!), and, my absolute favorite, I decided to make a little Champions logo on the remaining black nail.


I cannot believe I was able to do all this work with my left hand. I am so proud of my Giant manicure! I've updated the top picture to show both hands - hope no one minds. Oh yeah, and we WON both nights. Go, GIANTS!!!


Related Links:
Shany Nail Art Set, 24 colors (by the way, this was NOT the set I used - this one's actually MUCH better!)
OPI Brights Nail Lacquer, Atomic Orange
OPI Black Onyx NLT02 Nail Polish (again, I didn't use this one - I had a crappy Halloween black polish, but I will definitely be picking THIS up!)
OPI Natural Nail Base Coat, 0.5-Fluid Ounce
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat .5 Fl Oz

No comments:

Post a Comment